Sunday 11 September 2016

The Top 10 Countries (Outside Africa and Australia) That I'd Love To Visit And Why

I recently came across a blog where someone had outlined 23 countries anyone should visit in their lifetime and why. It striked my fancy that they chose 23, which happens to be my favourite number... so I decided to have a look. I was indeed happy that they had chosen the number 10 country to visit as Kenya! So it gave me something to think about. There is one particular country that I'd love to visit first...one most people who know me really well would be familiar with, and then there are others. I should mention actually, that I would love to tour my own country, other African countries and the country I live in now... however, the order in which I visit these African or non-African countries does not matter. So here goes my list (remember I live by lists ha ha ha!). You will soon realise I lean towards one particular continent!

1. India
Most people who really know me, know why I'd love to go to this country and in particular, the north of India; where lives the largest population of the Bengal tiger. This tiger which also happens to be the largest population of the tiger species, is near to my heart. As a conservationist, seeing this animal in its natural habitat will just do it for me. This is in fact, part of my bucket list!

2. Vietnam
I have come to love this country, more so because I made a promise to my dear friend, who is Vietnamese to visit it with her. I have heard too that it is one of the most beautiful places in the southeast of Asia and so, I'd love to see it for myself :)

3. The Netherlands
I fell in love with this country through a book and movie! The Fault In Our Stars was my ultimate favourite book to read and movie to watch in 2014. Seeing it through the eyes of Hazel, I became curious about the country. And especially since I would love to visit the Anne Frank House one day as part of my bucket list!

4. Ireland
The same applies to Ireland... I fell in love with it when I read the book PS, I Love You and watched the movie. I love the feel of ancient infrastructure combined with the green of nature, and seeing the small winding roads and old stone walls in the midst of so much green and flowers, I knew I had to see it one day.

5. Switzerland
In March 2013 I had the privilege of visiting this country while visiting family. However, I always knew I'd go back. Apart from visiting family again, there's just something special about it and I'd like to find out what it is...in spring or summer this time!

6. England
Apart from the fact that I absolutely love British mannerisms, accent and culture, I'd love to visit London for the fact that I have always been in love with the city. Also, among my bucket lists actually is to see the Stonehenge (remember I love ancient infrastructure)!

7. Greece
Am a fan of ancient history, so it wouldn't be a surprise that this country comes at number 7! What I'd love to see most is how the Greeks have managed to retain their 5th century infrastructure!

8. Italy
Apart from the vast ancient history that Rome has to offer, I would love to enjoy Italian cuisine... being a foodie and all :)


9. Canada
I have always been curious about this country. The fact that they don't like Americans yet they share its borders, it's flag is pretty unique and they speak French. But mostly I'd love to see its scenery especially the majestic Niagara Falls as yet another bucket list!

10. New Zealand
I first came in contact with New Zealanders in Malaysia when we attended an international business competition during my undergrad days. I remember going to their booth to learn more about their country and I got my face painted with a fern leaf in their black and white national colors. It was quite something. So, I thought that one day I'd go see the country for myself, plus I hear it's one of the most beautiful destinations in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment